Thursday 16 April 2015

rubybox Unboxing - April 2015

Yes, I know it's been almost one week since I promised to unbox the April rubybox but life tends to get ahead of lazy girls such as myself. However, after much laziness and procrastination here we go, this month spoils from rubybox.

This month's box was not awe-inspiring buuuut I did get three full size products to soften the blow and my box arrived last Friday when being at work was basically as good as being at a blank art exhibition, so it really was a source of much needed excitement.
So before I go on, here's a little need to know about rubybox.
 
I discovered rubybox purely by accident last year while trolling the net one boring day. I signed up for a subscription to find out what all the hype around beauty boxes was about. I was quite pleasantly surprised when I received my first box of awesome stuff.
The Rubies (that's what people at rubybox call themselves) liken the rubybox subscription to enjoying Christmas every month.

rubybox is a surprise beauty box worth +-R250 monthly and contains luxury trial and full-sized spoils. It is also customised to your beauty profile which you will be asked to fill in once you register on the site and subscribe. 

The boxes contain hair care, skincare, makeup, fragrance and more, I once got rice cakes haha. Furthermore, they offer free courier delivery to anywhere in the country and your first box is delivered 10 working days after receipt of payment.
Be sure to check rubybox out. 
 
And now for the moment we have all been waiting for (drum roll please).



 
This month I received four products, three full size and one trial size: 
 
Salvatore Ferragamo - Attimo L`Eau Florale
rubybox Beauty - Va Va Volume Mascara
Broadway - imPRESS Press On Manicure
Botanical Collection - Tropical hand and nail cream 

Salvatore Ferragamo
Attimo L`Eau Florale

R849.95 for 100ml


 The sample 

The 100ml
 
I am a sucker for perfume so this little thing, the only trial size in the box, was a reason to smile. Attimo L`Eau Florale is an Eau de Toilette with white floral, fresh and aquatic accords. It is described as a fragrance that exudes the most graceful side of femininity, with a touch of seduction and sensuality. Opening notes include Nashi Pear, Kumquat and Lotus Flower. Other notes include Peony, Bulgarian Rose and Jasmin. Personally, I really like this one, it isn't too heady or too sweet. I hate sweet scents. I would definitely consider adding it to my day collection.
Why we ♥ it – from rubybox
It’s truly feminine, summery and would make a great gift for lovers of nice light floral scents!



rubybox Beauty
Va Va Volume Mascara

R139.95



 
This one is pretty awesome, I received it before and I was glad to get it again since mascara should only live for three months in your cosmetic bag/cupboard/room. It is, like the name suggests, a volumising black mascara. It is meant to comb and separate each individual lash, evenly depositing colour for heightened volume, and length. Gladly the mascara is in fact easy to use and if applied carefully with a side to side movement there is very little chance of clumping. The buildable formula is also great to create a dramatic look.
Why we ♥ it – from rubybox
Quick to apply, easy to remove, this mascara volumises and defines without clumping.



Broadway
imPRESS Press On Manicure

R129.95

Honestly, I didn't love this because I am not a fan of any sort of artificial nails. I prefer to keep my nails short and clean. I barely even apply polish most of the time. That being said for those who like to change things up often this would work quite well. It is being described as an innovative new way to get that perfect manicure. So if you don't want to commit to acrylics or gels this could be a fun alternative. They basically have a safe adhesive included so all you really need to do is peel and stick. Apparently they also mould via your body heat for the perfect fit and are said to last for up to a week.
Why we ♥ it – from rubybox
Easy to apply, easy to remove and all without damaging your nails or cuticles, as busy women we also love saving on manicure drying time!

Botanical Collection
Tropical hand and nail cream

R29.95

I am obsessed with hand creams and I expect a lot from them too. I expect a nice fragrance and consistency and most of all I do not expect it to leave a sticky residue on my hands. This tropical flavoured moisturising hand and nail cream is pretty good in keeping with all of those expectations. It absorbs quite easily and is supposed to repair cuticles and protect your skin from damage and dryness. I have yet to see the repair cuticles claim come true.
Why we ♥ it – From rubybox
It has a deliciously tropical scent that leaves your hands and nails feeling soft and smooth.

And that lazies, is my April rubybox unboxed for you.

NOW, for an added bonus. I recently went on a bender and spent all my rubybox rubyRands on a bunch of stuff from the rubybox Swop Shop.

My favourite thing from the lot was my Body Choice Sponge.

It's a little hand sizes yellow sponge that was described as a dry exfoliator used for dry body brushing (more on that in another post). However, I decided to take it to the shower with me to use with my shower gels and cremes for a super clean shower experience. The sponge scrubs away dead skin cells and build up and stimulates circulation and the production of collagen to restore elasticity in the skin. Since the main reason cellulite occurs is due to stifled circulation, this sponge will help reduce the appearance of cellulite over time. It also helps with ingrown hairs. Just use the sponge a little more where these problems present (thighs!).
Apparently, according to the Body Choice website their innovative sponge always retains its shape, is long lasting and hygienic and it will never mould. Honestly words cannot describe how awesome I think this sponge is but I can say I would pay money to have a truckload appear at my home and never leave. A R75 well spent, this would be!

As a good friend would say at this point #Okthanksbye.




No comments:

Post a Comment