Friday 12 June 2015

Essence Gel Eye Pencil

I just ran out of eyeliner a few days ago and since my local Clicks did not have my usual eyeliner - the great Maybelline Master Smoky Shadow Eye Pencil in Smoky Black (which I use in my waterline as well as on my outer eye because it is that awesome) - I had to opt for something else.
I was quite sad to have not repurchased my favourite but I was also excited to try something new. As I walked around the store I stopped at the Essence counter, naturally, and as per usual scrutinised the entire thing.

This was when I happened upon the new (to me if not most) Essence's Gel Eye Pencil and instantly I thought score. I just needed black for now so I got the Black Blaze and promises myself I would be back for more colours later. 



So about the product, it is a waterproof gel eyeliner in the form of a a retractable pencil. The thin twist-up eye pencil swivels up to a tapered point and is said to glide easily along upper and lower lids.

According to the Essence website the liner is the latest trend from Asia: gel eyeliner in a pen-shape. "Instead of in a tub, the soft, waterproof and long-lasting texture of the gel eye pencil waterproof comes in a retractable pen. Velvety and highly-pigmented, these pens offer intensive eyeliner styles."


It comes in six shades: black blaze, around midnight, urban jungle, gunmetal, blue lagoon and cocoa bean and is available at your local Clicks and Dischem stores and online at Spree for about R35.


The gel-like consistency of the pencil makes it glide on lids like a dream, and it doesn't melt away. However, I didn't find it too great on my waterline, it didn't seem to stick too well and despite being very soft and pliable and waterproof it just didn't stick.


I like it enough to keep using it for the outer lid lining but alas I am still waterlinerless.

*These pictures are from the internet and not taken by myself.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment